Software selection methodology analyzes data regarding each client’s unique business and technical requirements against viable ERP software solutions to help companies understand all of the options as well as the associated costs, risks and benefits of each choice.
The ERP Software Selection Process
• Task 1: Define and Analyze Business Processes and Requirements
• Task 2: Conduct Technical Fit Assessment
• Task 3: Industry Analysis and Vendor Viability
• Task 4: Preliminary Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Analysis
• Task 5: Vendor Evaluation and Selection
• Task 6: Conduct Organizational and Business Readiness Assessment
• Task 7: Vendor Negotiations
• Task 8: Implementation Planning and Analysis
• Task 9: Business Case Justification and Benefits Realization Plan
• Task 10: Final Vendor Analysis and Decision
This approach helps companies’ best plan and prepare for a new ERP system, forces competing software vendors to address specific business needs, and identifies the total cost of ownership of ERP packages.